I was going to release Blam 1.8.5 with a couple of minor fixes, but since it would be quite a minor release, I'm going to go straight for Blam 2.0

This means I'm going to start breaking the code in several interesting ways:

  • The current GUI code has to go. It's an ugly hack and many things are provided by nicer GNOME/GTK standard code.
  • The libraries are going to be worked on, even though I'm going to look for new RSS/Atom libraries. I'm going to try to use XUL instead of C to configure several aspects of how Gecko should work.
  • The XML post-storage back-end is going to be ripped off and a file-based back-end is going to be implemented. This makes it easier to find out which posts have already been read. The Google Reader backend should be making it appearance when I finish implementing the other one.

As always, patches and comments are welcome. Check out the subversion tree and code!
And to think that when I first read a book about C# I decided to go back to good old C... Incredible what happens with FOSS.

Labels: