I had too little sleep last night. Not even four hours, and when I got up if was really cold. This was followed by a two-hour Chemistry exam (which I think went relatively well), and then the rest of the 'working day' was just waiting for the weekend. There's nothing interesting in school anymore...

In my attempts to reverse-engineer the Inprocomm IPN2220 driver I stumbled upon the Linux 2.4 driver. This is distributed by D-Link, and is of course a MIPS binary blob, which gets linked with some wrapper. I'm thinking about bringing this to the attention of the gpl-violations.org people. The problem is mainly that Inprocomm doesn't exist anymore. I'm just hoping that D-Link knows something about the source. GPL-Violations.org has lawyers and people with experience (a few people anyway) which I'm also hoping would know how to get information about a deceased company.

Qemu runs quite well, and compared to Bochs, it just flies. One problem I still have is that if I want to run qemu/bochs via SSH, there's always some processor time left free, so it runs slow. Another problem is that WinXP says it couldn't validate the license or somesuch, which didn't happen under bochs. Strange.

I'm hoping to be able to run something on qemu with its PPC emulation, but so far, I've managed to get the LFS livecd to display Tux and halt.