Sadly, I do not have the luxury of a fast Internet connection yet. The Wi-Fi is set up, but there's no DHCP server, so no go. Apparently the repeater at another village is not in such good shape (unplugged, apparently, and they don't know how to plug it in) and as it turns out, we're dependant on that node at the moment. Later we'll have several interconnected nodes, so it's gonna be really cool. If one node goes down, we may have two or three to fall-back on. Elegant, useful, as has geek-value in it ;)

What I do have is a IPv6 link to the outside world, thanks to freenet6.net (now at http://www.hexago.com), although only on the router-to-be, which is what I use as a desktop now. I really gotta set this computer up so that is actually works as a server, but I haven't managed to get the forwarding/NAT to work right, but it's gonna be ready Real Soon Now (TM) as are the mail and web servers.

The Wi-Fi adapter we got from the organization doing this uses the ACX100 chipset, usable under Linux thanks to Andreas Mohr and others (http://acx100.sourceforge.net), but my particular device (using USB) crashes. Well, it returns an error. I'll have to fill a bug report and hope for the best. The PCI version (and Card Bus, which is basically the same) do work well. USB doesn't compile under Linux 2.6, so I'll have to chase down that one (should be relatively easy, but you never know).