In about four hours I'm going to go to a meeting where we should receive a `device' to be able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and have a month of testing. This is gonna be fun. We'll probably take the 512kbps line, which comes for about the same as we're paying for flaterate dial-up. Then we take away the ISDN line, which is something like double that, and you get the perfect combination: We end up paying less and we get a lot more speed.

This is of course all well in theory. In practice, I'm not so sure about it. It is a 802.11b network. they could have at least up a 802.11g, since it's not really that expensive and we get a really good `intranet' (I'm not sure for what, but it sounds cool). This `device' should really be a router/repeater/whatever with a Cat5 port so that my magic-router-box can do it's thing. I fear it may be some sort of wincrap adapter that is really hard to get to work on GNU/Linux. An all-nighter trying to get it to work would definately be interesting. I'll see what they have to offer. Hopefully my next entry here will be over a broadband line. At last!